Re: [HC Evolution] Calendar to-do list

[snip]
As I said in an earlier message, this may be implementable in some
way as a funky kind of timezone.  We already need to differentiate
between "fixed" and "floating" events to handle multiple timezone
scheduling, so perhaps we can abstract that to handle the distinction
between "fixed" Islamic dates (today + N days) and "floating" ones
(1st day of Ramadan whenever that occurs).

If the PCS can be adapted to store the floating type of date, the UI
can do the conversion on the client side.  I think.  This is all very
sketchy in my mind, and luckily, is *very* low on my todo list.  (And
if *I* were to work on the multiple calendar problem, it would be to
implement the Hebrew calendar, which is algorithmically computable,
so this problem doesn't really exist.)

Hmm - the timezone thing sounds "nice" - but I think you'll run into trouble
when implementing it. Yes its a similiar idea, you might be able to copy
some parts of the code but essentially its two different things. *shrug* If
you do ever get to it and come up with a solution - please enlighten me ;) I
think the problem may arise where that timezone - at max you're
adding/subtracting 23 hrs - but with dates and stuff its really an arbitrary
amount.

*sigh* yes Islamic Calendar is frustrating because its unalgorithmic. Every
calendar I've seen basically says "screw that problem" and ignores it - They
just get the support in without worrying about the leap year (well - emacs
tries to calculate it) or the "fixed"/"floating" problem. The other idea
that I think might work is to have some sort of "querying" server on the net
to automatically sync up the islamic date or something.

Ali Abdin