[Evolution] smpt auth

Hi,
I've just switched to a new provider, but I would like to continue to use my
old e-mail-adress. My previous provider's smtp-server doesn't do any
relay'ing for mail which doesn't originate from its domain, unless it is
from an authenticated user. I looked at some e-mail clients as wether they
support this 'feature' but none of them seems to suppport it. So, my
question is really:
Does Evolution currently support, or will support in the future, smpt user
authentication?
Cheers,
:D
ps.