[Evolution] Configure problems

Hi.. I am attempting to compile Evolution .3 and have run into a problem in
the configure script...I only have a vague output from it because i am not
at my computer right now but it is at the point after it looks for pisock
and when it looks for xmlNewDoc it tells me

cannot link sample xml program...

is there something i am missing....i have all the required libraries (i
think) for compiling evolution...If anyone has any ideas on how to get
around this and get a solution to this problem please don't hesitate...

:-)