Re: [Evolution] Evolution + vi?

Will I be able to use vi to compose messages if I use evolution?

We have no-one working on this at present, but it's relatively easy to
do.

The message composer just loads a Bonobo Control which is then embedded
as the editor; you can replace the default editor with a different one
as long as the replacement editor is a Bonobo Control. So one could
write a ZVT-based Bonobo Control that can embed an arbitrary
terminal-based editor, and then Evolution could use any arbitrary
terminal-based editor.

The integration would not be perfect GUI-wise, of course, but if people
really want to use VI for composing email, I guess that's the only way.

Volunteers? :-)

--
Ettore