Re: [Evolution] configure does not find libxml?

Ujwal Sathyam wrote:

 Hi,

 I am trying to build evolution-0.3.1, and the configure script seems
 to find all the important libraries until it gets to some xml check.
 There I get the error:

 checking for xmlNewDoc in -lxml... no
 configure: error: Could not link sample program

 I know I have both libxml-1.8.9-1 and libxml-devel-1.8.9-1 installed.
 I even tried downloading, building, and installing libxml-1.8.7, but
 no luck there.

 Any ideas?

Yes.  When auto* tests for a function in a library, it builds a small
test program (which it links) to do this.  If the CFLAGS or LDFLAGS env
var have been set during th auto* script, they are involved in this.
Probably another library is causing the problem.  Check config.log to
see if you can figure out what library is not being linked properly.

-JP

I looked in the config.log file, and it said that it could not find the asound library (-lasound). I searched the web and found that libasound is provided by the alsa-lib package. However, when I installed that, I still got the same error. alsa-lib provides libasound.so and installs it in /usr/lib. Should I be installing some other package?

Thanks,

Ujwal