Re: [Evolution] a few quick Qs

Well the table 'widget' in evolution is 'not just a widget' really, its
a rather specifically written and complex wiget called e-table.

It probably wont be part of gtk, because etable is canvas based, and also GPL
(not lgpl as required for gtk+).  It does everything itslef, including
having pluggable renderers for each part, so it needs stylising differntly.

 Michael

For MacOS in version 5.0 it does. Basically it is like Netscape Communicator,
but it is much more fluent and has lines between each message. It shows them by
date, which can be out of order because of timezones, lag and wrong-set clocks. It
is the exact same way in the OE5 newsreader. The other feature I love about
OE's list display is that you can choose which headers you want to show up. I
should mention that the OE5 display widget is based on MacOS's Finder "Sort/List
View" widget which is much nicer than the actual OE5 thing.

I really don't think that this is any big deal, it's just a widget and will
probably be changed as Gtk+ progresses and new themes are invented. And it might
just be a lot better for everyone if all of the widgets in Evolution had
_options_. Personally I think every single widget in Gtk+ and all related programs should
have more options! Do any of you remember KDE 1.1.2, the way you could tweak
the widgets? They messed that up in 2.0 but Gtk+ is very flexible and could use
more options. Just add more technical stuff to the "Applications" panel in
"Control Center" <gnomecc> and rename it Widgets.

I was just wondering, will all the widgets that are in Evolution be availible
through Gtk+ in the future? I really like that Shortcuts bar and would like to
use it in other programs without copying the code. It would be nice to see some of
that as plain old Gtk+ widgets.