[Evolution] Beginning work on evolution

Yay!!!! With the new release of evolution-0.2 I can finally compile and
run evolution! Thank you guys so much for your hard work. This project
is so exciting!

Now that I have it compiled and running, I'd like to try to add a few
options I find convenient/important in other mail programs. I'd like to
try to work on the IMAP support.

- There doesn't yet seem to be an option for "leave mail on server".
Hopefully this is the default, but I imaging there should be an option
in the mail config.

- Also, mail within subfolders isn't being picked up.

What about multiple mail servers? Is there someone working on this? I
dont know of another mail program that does this well, but I'd really
like to have one.

So, where anyone have any pointers as to where I can learn about IMAP? I
have  experience programming c++ for linux/mac/win at deneba software (
http://www.deneba.com/linux ), but not specifically with mail programs.
I was the lead of the project to port Canvas7 to linux. But
unfortunately, they used wine, so I did not get to do a lot of great
gnome hacking like I want to. Canvas7 is a corel draw like mixture of
gimp and dia, or photoshop and illustrator, in case you've never heard
of it.

Anyway, I'm really hoping to help with this project. I've wanted to get
into some open source projects for a long time, but this one is
particularly exciting. The office I work in is married to outlook, and
its frequently a thing people tell me they can't live without and
therefore could never switch to linux. So I'd love to see a outlook
compatible program with all or more of the features it has! Since its so
hard to get people to transition from their software, outlook
compatibility is important.

If anyone has any pointers for me, I would greatly appreciate them. I'm
gonna go start looking at the source and looking for imap info now...

Thanks again!
 michael

----

michael cardenas