Re: [Evolution] IMAP feedback in 0.2

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:39:51 -0700
 burtonator <burton relativity yi org> wrote:

#Just downloaded and installed Evolution 0.2.... this thing is AWESOME!

--I agree. Excellent work!  I'm using IMAPv4 so not sure if these errors also
occur under POP3 or not. I've tried 4 or 5 times search 'Body or Subject
Contains' and it's bombed each time.

--First time I used it it didn't exihbit the following behavior but now it does.
Clicking Delete will not draw a cross line until I move to another message.
However, if I hit the Delete Key it works fine draws a line through the message.

Still can't figure out when hitting Delete Key where exactly does it skip to
next? Based on from, subject, time, thread...I can't figure it out for the life
of me.  It'll go to messages I've marked deleted, or new ones, etc. Help.

--Request:  I like how when scrolling down a message body that doesn't fit
within the screen it'll keep the focus & continue to highlight the message so
one can hit the UP/DOWN arrow or DELETE key.  How about having PageUp and
PageDown keys to move through the body of the messages rather than having to
resort to the mouse to scroll up & down through a long message.  Perhaps
CTRL-PageUp and CTRL-PageDown would scroll a 5 or 10 or whatever messages
through the list view. This would speed up reading significantly avoiding the
dreaded mouse.

Or if the PageUp/Down keys are going to be for something else how about using
the left & right arrow keys.

--Currently is the timeout 5 seconds for having the focus on a message before it
is marked read?

--When attempting to expunge messages from IMAP account it shows an unknown
error.  I'm logging ALL INFO on the IMAP server and don't see a thing.  Is it
even attempting to?  Or is it yet to be implemented?

--When I was REPLYING it wouldn't wrap the text and far right side the end
wouldn't show any text.  So I typed the remaining text which I thought it didn't
take (since it didn't display it) and BCC'd myself and it actually did take the
input. Weird. I just tried this in COMPOSE and it did wrap text so go figure.

--Refile a message to Trash folder it says unable to create the folder even
though it's already created.  Refile a message to a Local folder doesn't work
either. Error couldn't retrieve message 1219 from imap server. POP users does
Refiling work for you?

adam http://www.kaikun.com