Re: [Evolution] trying to compile again...

This suggestion is a shot in the dark, but it's easy to try. :-)

michael cardenas wrote:

but then when running sh autogen.sh I got the errors in bonoboerrout (attached)

The errors include:

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`autogen.sh' command line.

**Error**: aclocal failed. This may mean that you have not
installed all of the packages you need, or you may need to
set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to include "-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
for the prefix where you installed the packages whose
macros were not found

My theory:

The various Gnome RPMs are installed under /usr , but the default when
you run configure (or autogen.sh, which runs configure for you) is to
put things under /usr/local .  So Bonobo, ORBit, etc., are going to wind
up installing under /usr/local and (I assume) looking for support files
there as well.

So, try running autogen.sh --prefix=/usr instead of just autogen.sh;
this should cause all the code you're compiling to install under /usr
and look for support files there.

Best of luck,

Nathan