[Evolution] trying to compile again...

Ok, so I got some help from fejj on irg.gnome.org in #evolution and he suggested that I set ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I
/usr/share/aclocal"

but then when running sh autogen.sh I got the errors in bonoboerrout (attached)

so he suggested i get oaf, whose readme says that you have to have the latest orbit. so I got the latest
orbit and

trying the sh autogen.sh there, I got the errors in errout (attached).

I really want to help, but I can't get anything to compile. I have gcc 2.95.2 and I have the latest helix
gnome stuff.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong?

I also picked up the src of gnome-libs and ompiled them, and that went fine. But it didn't help anything
else...

thank you in advance!

michael cardenas                 mbc deneba com
http://www.fiu.edu/~mcarde02

**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
deletefiles is  macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Making ./aclocal.m4 writable ...
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 14: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

**Error**: aclocal failed. This may mean that you have not
installed all of the packages you need, or you may need to
set ACLOCAL_FLAGS to include "-I $prefix/share/aclocal"
for the prefix where you installed the packages whose
macros were not found
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the autogen.sh command line.
processing .
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: configure.in: 60: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
configure.in:242: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
src/orb/Makefile.am:102: variable `GLIB_LIBS' not defined
configure.in:242: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:242: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
processing libIDL
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: configure.in: 78: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:108:AC_UPDATE_IF_CHANGED(IDL.h, IDL.h.new)
configure.in:62:AC_CPP_ACCEPT_IDL
configure.in:66:AC_CPP_PIPE_STDIN
configure.in:67:AC_CPP_NOSTDINC
processing popt
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
aclocal: configure.in: 14: macro `AM_DISABLE_SHARED' not found in library
aclocal: configure.in: 15: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
./configure: ./configure: line 578: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'

Now type 'make' to compile ORBit.