[Evolution] turning error warnings into ignored warnings?

Sometimes I can't compile something because all of the warnings are treated as
errors and it exits. I want the warnings to be treated as regular warnings and
not errors. This is what I usually get:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors

I know theres is a configure option for this, I just don't know what it is.

I've gotten this with gnome-vfs in the past but I can't remember how I solved
it.
Now I've actually gotten to the point where I want to compile Evolution or
Nautilus. But it treats all my warnings as errors.

Thanks,
Tony