Re: [Evolution] Indication of unread messages

But one facility which I consider essential is some form of indication
of the number of unread mail items in a folder - or even just an
indication that there is unread mail in a folder. Is this planned?

Yup. It nearly made it into 0.2... it may be working in the CVS
versions within the next week. (We're all annoyed by the lack of that
feature too... with lots of filters, it turns into a game to find
where your mail ended up when when you fetch it :)

-- Dan