Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Feature request summary for December 18th, 2000.

On 19 Dec, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

If people have been using the calendar and they think something sucks,
I would love to know about it so that we can fix it.

Coming in a little late to the party, I made these notes regarding the
0.8 release:

Even when work week is set to Sunday-Saturday, & compress weekends is off,
the weekly view starts w/ Saturday of the prior week. (Granted, this is
related to the display mode, but some of us *do* need a full Sat/Sun
display area. Perhaps we could take a tip from the Beatles and do 8 days
a week?

All day events last from 01:00 to 24:00 instead of 00:00 to 24:00
Also, all day events shouldn't indicate a time, IMHO.

The RFC 2445 sample for a simple anniversary fails:  Evolution doesn't
recognize 'DTSTART:19971102' as a valid DTSTART value

One of the key areas missing from Evolution's calendar is holiday/special
observance support. All-day events come close, but aren't quite what I'm
looking for. The Day-Timer Organizer package almost had it right, in
that holidays were defined separately from 'normal' events.
Also, I've been building a rulebase in remind that covers many
situations. It would be ideal to have these 'alternate' calendars
displayed in conjunction with the current 'working' calendar, perhaps
differentiated by colors.

Another 'neato' feature in this vein would be to have a button on a day to
view a simple list of 'other events for today', which could accomodate days
of interest (colleagues religious observances, minor Christian feasts,
holidays in other countries, today in history, etc.)

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel yahoo com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063

186,287.49 miles/sec: It's not just a good idea--it's the LAW.