Re: [Evolution] Mail->Chess proposal

Well, here is PyORBIT:
http://theopenlab.uml.edu/pyorbit/

Here's some posts about Python & bonobo:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/1999-November/msg00612.html
http://bioinformatics.org/pipermail/vsh-general/2000-June/000567.html

Python and Gnome appear to play together:
/usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/gnome

Piper appears to be interested in Python-Bonobo:
http://www.bioinformatics.org/piper/

... unfortunately, that's all I can locate at the moment. I seem to
remember seeing Python-Bonobo somewhere. But maybe I was wrong. You
could probably write a Py module wrapper for
/usr/include/bonobo/Bonobo.h, though. Bonobo's written in C, and python
is typically C-friendly.

-M

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

So, the real question is,. does/will evo support python as a scripting
language?

That would be cool... I think you can already write bonobo stuff using
python.

Can you?  Do you have links to the where and how?  I really want to use
evolution in a manner similar to th MS digital Dashboard in conjunction
with some software I am working on.

My  thoughts are to write a full component (like the calendar etc) or
more likely to add features to the exec summary.

I think for most uses the exec summary would be best, all It wil be
doing is updating inormation etc...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss