annoying, but not nearly as annoying as waiting the 5 minutes and 8
seconds (I just timed it) that it takes to scan every folder I've
subscribed to.

Perhaps there could be some way to designate a certain folder as
receiving incoming mail, and that folder would be included in the
folder scan?  Or the opposite - designating a certain folder as not
receiving incoming mail, so there's really no point in scanning it
every time.

On 2000-12-22, at 13:04:48-0500, Dan Winship wrote:
I was thinking of something similar to what Netscape/Mozilla does,
only counting the read/unread messages when you actually click on the
folder.

Oh, and that's reasonable? Do you do server-side filtering at all? It
seems to be that if you did, that having to check each folder would
get annoying quickly...

-- Dan

--
Dave Allen

Email:  daveallen acm org
PGP:    0x8885BE88 | 383A 2686 5F9B 31AE 51F5  A50F CDD4 69B7 8885 BE88