Re: [Evolution] scripty tweaks and folder view not updating?

"Mikolaj J. Habryn" wrote:

On 21 Dec 2000 10:04:42 -0500, Dan Winship wrote:

I think this definitely won't be possible via guile hooks in 1.0, but
you ought to be able to do something like have a guile script that
opens a composer window with the From address of your choice. (Well,
assuming guile has CORBA bindings... if not, you'd need to use Perl or
Python.)

How about hooking it from within evo itself, for replies etc.? I'm happy
to have a poke around and try to write something if you can give me some
direction as to what won't be rejected out of hand. Is there any vague
direction or policy on the subject? Would it be best done with guile or
via CORBA callouts?

I would love to have something like this, more or less integrated into
evolution.
However, I'd prefer it to be language independant, somewhat like the
proposal of bonobo-scripting, on the gnome-components list (way back in
june where the thread started with:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-components-list/2000-June/msg00052.html
), which would use CORBA callouts allthough that need not visible to the
user/scripter...

I don't know what came of this...

./borup