Re: [Evolution] 0.8 problems - Imap folders et al.

[comments below]

What happens is when you add a folder, the full path appears in the
tree. I notice now that when you restart evolution, only the folder name
appears. The directory structure should be visible but within each
directory, only the folder name should appear. I was perhaps a bit hasty
in stating that the full path appears, as I now see that it only appears
in the session in which the folder was added. Is there a reason the full
path appears when the folder is added. As you can see, the following is
not very useful, especially if the folder panel is not wide enough to
show the full folder name:

- IMAPv4 server mailserver

   - - Work

           - /home/rgs/mail/Work/brown

           - /home/rgs/mail/Work/jones
etc

When evolution is restarted you get:

- IMAPv4 server mailserver

   - - Work

           - brown

           - jones

Yea, this looks like a bug - Okay - now we know what to look for ;-)
Thanks.

try rm -f'ing your cache, rm -f ~/evolution/mail/imap? I forget, some
path
like that.

Will this ensure the the messages are in fact deleted, or will it only
bring the ui into line with the folder, which still contains the
original set of messages which should have been moved, not copied. If
they are not deleted, the next time I apply the filters, the message
will be duplicated in the folder they are being moved to.

I suspect that the message is actually expunged but that the cache still has
the info so it looks like it's not from within Evolution. removing the old
cache should hopefully solve this (temporarily at least).
My guess is there's a bug here that's failing to remove old summaries.

Jeff