From: "Byrne Reese" <byrne blue-harvest com>
To: <evolution helixcode com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 1:13 PM
Subject: [Evolution] Mail->Calendar proposal

Forgive me for some rookie questions, but I have been using Evolution and
love
it quite a bit... I am quite an Evolution evangelist to my linux cohorts
at
work... but I want to contribute as well.

Here is what I would like to author:
I would love for Evolution for some way to process meeting invitations
from MS
Exchange (these email messages have their own format) and place the time
and
date into a calendar. It would be awesome if a pop-up window could appear
allowing the user to accept or reject the meeting request.
It makes sense to me that should be some kind of plug-in and I wonder if
the new
Executive Summary element (with the service listings) could accomodate
this. If
so, how to write a plug-in?

Or more globally, is there a developer FAQ anywhere?

Thanks, and I can't wait to hear from someone so that I can start helping
out!

[comments below]