Re: [Evolution] Could not create compose window - Redhat 7.0

Rodd,

Sorry that I can't add fuel to your argument, but I've got RH 7 and
Evolution 0.8. I don't seem to be experiencing the same problem you
are. Mind you, I've just done a fresh install of RH 7, followed by an
immediate system update via RHN followed by a clean install of Helix
Gnome followed by a clean install of Evolution via the Helix gnome
updater. Phew! I'm glad that's over. I'm going out to buy a tape
backup system now so I don't have to do this again.

Peter

--- Rodd Clarkson <rodd redfishbluefish com au> wrote:
Hi All,

Okay, I still can't get the compose window working with Evolution
0.8
under Redhat 7.0

I've got a feeling that there is quite a few RH 7.0 users that
can't get
it working and I'd love a solution (other than having to use
another
mail client.)

I've installed all the latest RPM from Helix-Update.  The list
reads as
such:

gnome-vfs-0.4.2-0_helix_1.i386.rpm
GConf-0.11-0_helix_1.i386.rpm
gtkhtml-0.8-0_helix_3.i386.rpm
bonobo-0.30-0_helix_2.i386.rpm
oaf-0.6.1-0_helix_1.i386.rpm
evolution-0.8-0_helix_3.i386.rpm

I've tried uninstalling all evolution related RPMs and then
reinstalling
them.
I've tried logging in as a different user and seeing if it works.
I've tried killev and oaf-slay.
I've removed my .gnome config file.

The problem still persists.

Anyone got any suggestions?  Are other RH7.0 users having the same
problem?

I'm willing to devote some time to the solution (we could meet in
IRC)
but I've got no idea where to start.

regards

Rodd Clarkson