Re: [Evolution] Problems encountered w/ Evolution...

On Wednesday 20 December 2000  5:50 pm, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
[comments below]
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Rasmussen" <mras micron com>
To: <evolution helixcode com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 12:30 PM
Subject: [Evolution] Problems encountered w/ Evolution...

2) When I setup filters, they are not done automatically to the messages
coming into my Inbox
under IMAP.  I have to select the messages and then apply filters -
maybe there is a place to
set this, but I haven't found it yet.  Am I missing something?

Okay, the reason filters are not applied to IMAP mail is because IMAP is
not like POP, it's more like a remote filesystem similar to the local mbox
format that Evolution uses. You don't want filters applied to your local
mbox when you open it and with the same logic, you don't want filters
applied to your IMAP folders when you open them. Now, Dan Winship has some
ideas about how IMAP *could* be filtered but I'm not sure exactly how that
is going to work.

Actually...I do have my local mailbox filtered (procmail) ... or when using
kmail (sorry all) by it's own filters(mostly because of the way it handles

Anyway... It is VERY important to be able to filter your mailbox, which in
some cases is an IMAP account....This way all of those list subscriptions can
be filtered to sub folders (either locally or on the imap server) when the
imap account is accessed...

--
Edward Muller - edwardam home com - edwardam handhelds org
'It's because crappy programs offend me.' --Eric Raymond