Re: [Evolution] huge RPMs

Ok, but wasn't his original point that when installing from binaries via
Helix-Update,  you don't get a choice of what binaries (-devel or not)
install. You HAVE to take whatever the Updater is set up to give you.

Or am I mistaken as to his point?

The updater will pull in anything it needs to resolve dependencies. I
haven't looked at the setup myself, but IIRC gtkhtml-devel and
evolution-devel are the only things that depend on gal-devel, and so if
either one of those are installed then gal-devel needs to be pulled in
too. Likewise, if you upgrade the evolution suite (which includes gal),
then gal-devel will also be pulled in because of the reverse dependency of
gal on gal-devel.

By "Evolution Suite", you mean the "User Preview" option, right?
If so, then you *will* be getting (some of) the -devel libraries, whether
you want them or not, since you say the "Evolution Suite" pulls in gal,
which pulls in gal-devel.

The current "User Preview" list includes both gtkhtml-devel and gal-devel, I
believe (I know that the fixed RPMs issued over the weekend included
gtkhtml-devel). It doesn't matter to me; I have a DSL line, and don't pay by
bandwidth or time usage. But some folks do, and I guess they would prefer
not getting the -devel libs, unless they really needed them.

I can understand why the -devel libs would come along with the "Developer
Preview" option.