Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: Asynchronous mail download [was Re: [Evolution] Re:

On 16 Dec 2000 16:37:22 -0500, NotZed wrote:
Thats complicated ... and i still dont see how it will help.

New mail is indicated by events off the folder, and the folder is always
frozen during incorporation, etc.

Incorporation is part of the filter layer anyway, maybe it could be helped
by fine-graining the locks a bit more.

  OK, there must be something I am missing here in the Camel/mailer
design.  But if you say it cannot be done this way, I believe you.  :-)

I was about to get stuck into mt-camel anyway, since it seems the best
use of my time at the moment (which is idling a lot 'cause there's
nothing i want to work on), at least an initial design/test phase of
maybe a few days effort.  I will branch first.

  How much time do you think you are going to need to complete this?
How big are the chances of destabilizing the whole thing for a long
time?  (A completely MT-safe Camel would be awesome, I am just a bit
concerned about the timelines.)

  Dan, any comments on this?

--
Ettore