Re: [Evolution] Is Evolution "good enough" to use yet?

Depends on what you need in a mail client. I've been using it (granted, I'm a little crazy, lol) since .2,
because I was looking for a nice-looking mail client for GNOME. Ever since, Evolution has STEADILY increased
in quality and stability. For me, Evolution does everything I need it to do.

If you might explain the kinds of features you want in a mail client, we might be able to better help you.

BTW, Evo 1.0 won't be out in 2000...

Tim

Greetings all!

I am so excited to have found a possible replacement for the poor
mail clients available out there for Linux. I look forward to using
evolution very much.

My question to those of you currently using the product is as stated
in the subject of this message: Is Evolution "good enough" to use now
or should one wait for the 1.0 release?

Also, in the FAQs it is stated that Evolution 1.0 would be released
"later this year". It being now mid-December, does that mean a
release is immanent or does that mean the release is slated for
"later in 2001"?

Thanks for any input that y'all can provide.

Regards,

Peter