[Evolution] last ditch efforts...

Hi,

I've spent the better part of the last two weeks trying to get Evolution
working on my Mandrake 7.2 system.  The web page wasn't kidding when it said
that it was "hard".  It's easily the hardest thing I've tried to do on a
Linux box and that includes configuring mrtg, vpn's through a firewall yadda
yadda...

At any rate, I thought I'd try one last question to this list before
unsubscribing and putting my foot through the monitor.  My issue seems to be
a problem finding previous installed libs when compiling the "gnome-vfs"
lib.  I won't bore you with the output but just ask...should I start from
scratch and re-install all the required libs, from CVS, with the same
specific --prefix for all?  For example...add a --prefix=/usr/local to every
single lib compile?

Thanks.

-Matt