[Evolution] Feature request

Hi all,

If a feature request should instead go through the bug tracking system,
let me know and I'll try to do that.

I'm using CVS evolution... it looks great! I even got it syncing with
my palm.

The one bug that is preventing me from using the Contacts for real work:
Misinterpretation of name segments. Evolution assumes that the first and
middle names may ONLY consist of ONE name, and that the last may be
compound; this is a serious deficiency, as demonstrated below.

To reproduce:
1. Create new contact card.
2. Click "Full Name" to enter names individually.
3. For First name, enter "First1 first2"
   For Middle name, enter "Middle1 middle2"
   For last name, enter "Last1 last2"
4. Click OK.

The created card has the following info:
   First name: First1
   Middle name: first2
   Last name: Middle1 middle2 Last1 last2

That means it's filed incorrectly (e.g. at M instead of L), and the
summary looks incorrect ("Middle1 middle2 Last1 last2, First1 first2"
instead of "Last1 last2, First1 first2 Middle1 middle2").

Why is this important? Well, many people have multiple middle names. Many
people even have multiple words that they consider their first name. Also,
for contact information, many people use first names like "John and Anne"
to represent a couple or family.

The bug can also be reproduced by importing similar records from the
palm.

Please CC me in reply, I'm not subscribed to the list.

Let me know if there's a more appropriate place to send this.

Thanks,

james