Re: [Evolution] Feature request

Dan Winship wrote:

I'd like to have a switch (or a vfolder rule) to show only unread messages.
Is this planned?

"vfolder to display unread messages" is something we've joked about
before... the problem is that the messages would disappear from the
vfolder as soon as you selected them... :-)

So what is the desired behavior here? Maybe the newly-read messages
don't disappear until you leave the folder or fetch mail again?

Does the selection of a message by a vfolder rule count as it being
read? If so, this seems strange. Surely the `read' flag should only be
set when the user has actually selected the email manually.

Perhaps you are talking about the fact that once you click on an email
the rule deselects it from the folder? If this is the case then I would
say that having a `live rule' should be an option. What I mean by this
is that you should be able to specify when the rule `fires' eg on each
new email recieved/viewed or only when the vfolder is opened.

--
Mike Moran, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, The University of Edinburgh
Web: http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~rfc1149/ http://mike.miezekatze.com/