[Evolution] A few mailbox queries.

Hi There...

I've been using the .debs of Evolution for a while now, and having
downloaded 0.4 I've noticed two minor problems...

Firstly, while trying to make it use the local maildirs, I get the
error:

"Error while 'Fetching email from Local mail file
/var/spool/mail/brads':  Could not create lock file for
/var/spool/mail/brads: Permission denied"

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Running a pop-server locally just to do
this is a pain ;)  Also, Occasionally (like every time I read my mail
;)  the status bar at the bottom of the window grows to be *really* tall
(like 4 or 5 times as big as it should be)...  This often happens just
as I "Get Mail".

Apart from that, evolution is unbelievable.  The only query I have is
about vFolders:  How far are the options for queries going to go. For
example, in GMail (the only other client I know that has them), all mail
is stored in folders.  You have, for example, an unread folder which
allows you to read all new mail.  The Inbox folder simply contains all
the mail that doesn't fit in anywhere else...  What kinds of
capabilities are going to be incorporated into Evolution?

And thanks again to the Helix team for producing an amazing product...
---( Mephistopheles )---

Bradley Shuttleworth

        brads debating org za
        http://detritus.smuts.uct.ac.za/