[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Feature request list organized

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, NotZed wrote:

Feature: Full-justified email
Requested by: Aaron Weber [aaron helixcode com]

html doesn't support that.

text-align: justify

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#text-align

Anyway, a lot of the interface ideas that you dismissed out of hand are
actually pretty innovative.  I'd kill for a unix email client that
automatically noticed that I dragged all mail from
evolution-hackers helixcode com to the Evolution folder, and offered to do
that for me in the future.

It would also be very spiffy if evolution's preview window was smart
enough to only show the new text in a heavily-quoted message.  On
new-httpd apache org, for example, the relevant content is frequently 1000
lines down at the bottom, and it never shows up in the preview.

Think about these interface implementations before you dismiss them.  If I
had that grab the scrollbar 1000 fewer times per day, that would be
significant.  If I had to not setup a new filter by hand, that would be
significant.  It would set evolution apart from other mailers.

Jeffrey Baker