Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:49:42 -0400
To: evolution helixcode com
From: Joe Ammond <jra twinight org>
Subject: [Evolution] Quick tool to import a directory of mbox-style files

I wanted to import my old ~/Mail directory with 15+ years of stored mail
into Evolution (a nice stress-test), so I came up with this quick and
dirty hack to mass-import a directory of mbox-style files and
into the specified Evolution folder.  I'm sending it here in case it
be useful to other Evolution users.

Useage: mbox-import /path/to/evolution/local/foldername.  It reads all
files and subdirectories, and copies them into the specified folder.  It
descends into subdirectories and does the Right Thing (I hope).  Each
mbox file is created as a subfolder of the specified folder, with
subdirectories created as sub-subfolders.

Caveats: Only been tested with mbox-style folders.  Will copy any file,
regardless of whether it's an mbox folder.  Copies, not moves.  Shouldn't
touch the original files.  Only tested on my machines (RH6.2, Solaris 7).

Joe Ammond
jra twinight org

Spruce: stronger than oak!