RE: [Evolution] The newest MS Office has Outlook fully integrated with everything

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Musgrove [mailto:TomM pentawall com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 7:54 PM
To: evolution helixcode com
Subject: [Evolution] The newest MS Office has Outlook fully integrated
with everything

Here is the press release for MS Office 2001 for the mac,

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Apr00/Office9Pr.asp

The gist is, is that email and calendar/scheduling
functionality is now
deeply integrated with all of the other applications...

They've been working on that for a LONG time.  GNOME has a huge advantage
over MS in our ability to develop software quickly (although never as
quickly as we'd like), and in the well thought out framework for apps.
We'll be able to call gnumeric as a "plug-in" to Evolution, to view just
about any spreadsheet that we're sent.  I don't think that what MS is doing
really matters, unless they do something different, which this obviousally
is not.
        Greg