Re: [Evolution] evolution folder layout

shell (tcsh) properly escaped the spaces. If your shell doesn't have this
feature, you should probably upgrade your shell.
What's the point in propagating this argument further?

gee, we seem to be given the choice of either:

A) make sure everyone on earth, including all new installations of every
commercial OS produced, includes a newer shell...  (yeah RIGHT... sun
likes that /bin/sh crud with no features :) )

Bourne shell has no problems with spaces.  It uses the same
basic quoting rules as Bash, tcsh, etc.

or

B) make intelligent decisions in naming files :)

doesn't look like much of a 'choice' to me... B is the best solution for a
number of reasons, not the least of which is aesthetics... :)

this is a product for 'users', not old unix hacks :)

Exactly, and users like spaces in names.

And they expect to see the same when they list them too, not some
fucked up name mangling like '95/nt inflicted on DOS users.