Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] Error building evolution-kolab 3.4.4

Hi Jens,

Am Samstag 01 September 2012, um 09:25:44 schrieb gmail:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Thanks for your help. I managed to build evolution-kolab 3.4.2 under
> xubuntu 12.04 with this patch:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-kolab/commit/configure.ac?id=cd5c4d390ba8ccd6aa16f64e1c00770013c3f586
>
> Although checkinstall went fine also I am not sure if the libraries are
> installed in the right
> places for the ubuntu evolution 3.4.2 version to find. As far as I
> remember debian and ubuntu paths are different?

When building evolution-kolab by-hand, and not specifying installation directories,
defaults are used as set by autotools, typically under /usr/local, which is not
where an Ubuntu (neither Debian) packaged installation of Evolution expects the
libs to reside.
  For instructions on how to install evolution-kolab by-hand, see [0].

> Ex. With a right click I opened a new calendar in evolution and chose
> Kolab2 type.
> There were no text fields where I could enter/choose the remote calendar
> location.
> Then it showed an error message in a red bar: Invalid resource (or so).
>
> I did not find any place to configure evolution-kolab in evolution.
>
> I was not able to delete the kolab2 calendar afterwards.

This is a typical symptom of evolution-kolab bits not being installed into
the right places. The above-mentioned instructions should fix that.

> Another issue, which is not related to evolution-kolab, but maybe you
> know about: evolution 3.4.2 does not store my imap passwords any more. I
> have to enter them every time I start evolution.

Recent versions of Evolution do not store the passwords any longer. This has
been offloaded to the GNOME keyring architecture. In order to persistently store
the passwords, you'll need to install the GNOME keyring architecture (and, if not
running under GNOME itself, make sure the respective daemons are started).

> [...]

Kind regards,

	Christian

[0] http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-kolab/tree/docs/manuals/INSTALL-notes?h=gnome-3-4

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48