Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] evolution-kolab 3.4.2 and ssl connections

Hi Vladimir,

Am Mittwoch 30 Mai 2012, um 15:04:51 schrieb Vladimir Elisseev:
> Hello,
>
> I have troubles with configuring Addressbook/Calendar/Notes using SSL.
> Even if I set "Encryption method" to "SSL encryption" the client tries
> to connect to port 143 and obviously gives an error: "Could not
> connect to my.host.name: TCP connection reset by peer". Though SSL
> works fine if I use "Kolab" account for email instead of IMAP/IMAP+.
> I'd appreciate if somebody would point me to the right direction or
> give any tips.

I'll be looking into this, give me a little time. :) There have been issues
with Evolution picking wrong ports lately, which have been corrected.
It might be that evolution-kolab suffers from the same issue. I'll let you
know as soon as I have come up with something. There are also two crashers
fixed in the 3.4 line of evolution-kolab since the release of 3.4.2.

> I'm using Gentoo and compiled evolution-kolab myself. Please let me
> know if there could be dependency issues or anything else. Maybe it's
> related to the issue I just described, but I can't select "Kolab
> Account" as well as "PIM-Folders" in the same properties page. Well,
> for "PIM-folders" it's obviously related, but for the field "Kolab
> Account" I have no ideas.

You cannot select anything there since we still need to implement the
functionality for that. ;-) These two GUI elements will provide for
re-use of already-configured Kolab email accounts (selectable via
"Kolab Account") and for PIM folder selection of folders already discovered
(selectable via "PIM-Folders" - obviously, the account re-use is needed
for that first). This functionality is currently being worked on. Getting
the UI elements up to life was the first step. Same holds true for the
Kolab folder property dialogs. It is planned to get all of this done and
working before the release of GNOME 3.6.

> P.S. I've been working with Kolab servers a couple years ago, but not
> recently and quite aware of Kolab internals.

Nice, good to know.

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48