Re: [Evolution-hackers] Compose Html Templates

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 3:11 PM Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:

On Sat, 2020-03-28 at 05:40 +0100, Axel Huizinga wrote:
how can I start do develop a template editor or is anyone already
working on one?
For now I tried to reuse templates created with thunderbird and I can
save them well in the templates folder but on use embedded images are
lost.

There is some template support in Evolution:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-composer-message-templates

If something with embedded images does not work in some templates
folder in some Evolution version, then maybe provide more info.
Or why some "Template Editor" is needed for something somewhere.

Hi Andre, for me for example happens that in the last times I work a lot with
emails to my suppliers, and most of them is with simple texts like
"Hello Person ! Can you please quote the following items ?"
Then I put my list of items and I write Best regards at the end.

If I prepare a template I could have the template already ready for various
suppliers, sometimes I have to put few other email addresses in the CC field.
So having a template for each supplier simplify my work and speeds it up too.

I am mostly using Evolution 3.20 , I know its a bit old, and I should
really switch to
the 3.36 in the upcoming months. But so far I found that if I create a template
some CC addresses do not get saved.
Also it is quite difficult still to create templates (at least in
3.20.x) not very
consinstent and intuitive on how to do it. Also I have not seen if I can
do some kind of shortcut to 2-3 emails or like a minigroup in the addressbook.

All this issues led me to think that would be good to step up and try
to improve that,
then Axel wrote his email and I am really interestedin the same thing.

Rgds
Sasa

Thanks,
andre