Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution failing on TLSv1.3 after gnutls upgrade

On Thu, 2019-05-16 at 09:05 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-hackers
wrote:
On Wed, 2019-05-15 at 15:49 -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
    gnutls Add support for timeouts on GnuTLS pulls

So if you apply that on top of 2.54.1, the test programme works
again.

      Hi,
do you see from the server logs whether the patched code tried TLS
v1.3, and then v1.2? I'm only wondering.

My expectation based on the patch is that 1.3 is negotiated
successfully.

I tested against googlemail.com (so no server logs).  I've currently
got an email user out travelling who can't upgrade until I get the
machine back, so I can't test on my server until they come back on
Friday to avoid breaking them.

After re-reading the previous messages in this thread, you found that
the development version 2.55.2 works fine. As it's a development
version, the (usual) distributions may pick the stable version,
2.56.0 or later. Or they can find which patch fixed it between 2.55.1
and 2.55.2 and backport only that one (you referenced that change
above).

openSUSE has chosen the backport to 2.54.1 route.

Thinking of it, maybe it's a nonsense to ask them about the TLS
version downgrade on the fly. My "suggestion" would be over-
complicated.

In any case, thank you for your time and help on this.

You're welcome,

Regards,

James