Re: [Evolution-hackers] Support alternative concepts to organise mail communication?

On Fri, 2018-01-19 at 11:33 +0100, Anna Marei wrote:
Wouldn't this be great?
Maybe in a way Nylas https://www.nylas.com/nylas-mail/  now
Mailspring https://getmailspring.com/ does?
E.g.
- Single, unified inbox

Honestly, I fail to see the point of that at all.  And - Evolution has
that feature, and has had that feature, for **AGES**.  It's a virtual
folder, no big deal, I could do that a decade ago [and proved, at least
for me, that I do not understand why someone would do that].

- Snooze messages

I completely miss the point of that.  I can turn a message into a task,
and set a start-date.  If I care even less than doing that...

- Send later

Send @ [time] would be somewhat useful.  Sounds complicate to implement
though.

I guess (e-mail) communication has changed over the last decades. So
why not overhaul Evoultions way of dealing with it?

The truly useful feature I see in these mail-meets-crm apps is the
automatic displaying the contact info [typically in a right-side pane]
of the "From:" match.  Especially if the notes field is displayed and
editable.

It might be fun to try to hack that...  I wonder if simply emiting a d-
bus message when a message is opened would be easy [containing the
"from:"] ...

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010