Re: [Evolution-hackers] Labels when using Evolution EWS

Thanks for your response,

I used your tip regarding the SQL query, it was helpful to get a clean
list of labels as Evolution saw them (which was identical to how
Outlook saw them, but I had forgotten to add a couple).
All my labels were categorized/labeled with simple English terms,
a-zA-Z was the only character range in use.
For the archives, I used: sqlite3 folders.db "SELECT labels FROM
'inbox'  WHERE labels NOT LIKE ''" | sed "s/ /\n/g" | sort | uniq # to
get a simple list

I managed to figure out a workaround for my situation at least:

My labels all start with a capital letter. I set the labels on one
mail via Evolution, with labels that come originally from Outlook and
of which one is normally colored red in Outlook. After, I peaked at
that mail through the Outlook web interface - it showed the label, but
not the color, and I noticed it didn't have a capitalized first letter
("Solutions" became "solutions"). It seems the case wasn't respected
while the mail was sync'd back to exchange. Funny thing is that the
full Outlook client treated "solutions" just as "Solutions" in terms
of search folders and category color without problem. In the Inbox
cache of Evolution, the labels were properly listed with a first
letter capital.

I changed my labels in Outlook to start with a lower case (selecting
all mails to make sure they were updated), recreated the list of
labels in Evolution to match, and the labels now show up.

This leaves me wondering if this is expected or not? What little of
the Evolution-EWS code I read that was closely working with the
labels, I don't see that it should have influenced the case, so - is
it Evolution or the Web services interface Exchange that might be the
one changing the case? I will try in the near future to debug this a
little further and I'll open a bug if I can bring this down to
something within Evolution's code.

Again thanks for the tips,
Andrew