Re: [Evolution-hackers] Introspection enablement for libecal - huge changes needed?

On Thu, 2014-05-15 at 11:13 +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
If you have some output showing the errors gobject-introspection gives
you when you run it on libical, I might be able to help you fix them.

        Hi,
we tried to "introspect" libical inside libecal, basically by boxing
libical types. The mos common error (warning) is about "Unresolved
type"-s. These involve icaltimezone and icalcomponent. Both types are
really defined as incomplete [1], but also out of the eds source. This
marks related functions as unintrospectable.

Another issue is with enums. Also the naming is not what
gobject-introspection likes, there is no camel-case naming used in
libical.

I suppose half of the problem would be to solved by generating gir files
directly in libical, but I'm afraid it'll not be enough, due to those
incomplete types (the enums might be fixed by this, I guess).

I've also quite limited knowledge of introspection, thus any
help/guidance is more than welcome.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] typedef struct icalcomponent_impl icalcomponent;
    typedef struct _icaltimezone                icaltimezone;