Re: [Evolution-hackers] Introspection enablement for libecal - huge changes needed?

On Wed, 2014-05-14 at 15:34 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
The current problem is
libical, its icalcomponent, enums and all other structures. I thought
that we will be able to introspect this with simple boxed types, but it
doesn't seem to be possible, thus the only option I can see is to
massively change API of the calendar and define proxies for libical
structures and enums. These proxies would be fully GObject-based, which
might be a plus, I hope.

What exactly is the problem with introspecting libical? If it's a
fixable problem with gobject-introspection, I suspect it would be less
work (and a better overall outcome) if time were put into fixing
gobject-introspection so that libical *can* be introspected; rather than
putting more work into a wrapper library which will increase memory
overheads and require maintenance.

Philip