Re: [Evolution-hackers] Contacts database modifications history

Exposing the sqlite3 database to the users/plugins of the EBookSqlite is the
simple thing, while hiding it in the background doesn't fix anything. I still can
open the table on my own, by getting the path from the backend (basically
construct it the same way the backend does), and then do whatever I want with
any of the tables there. This makes me believe that any "protection" on the
EBookSqlite side is useless and doesn't worth the complexity of the code.

Hi
I'm attaching my first version of changes needed to implement database change log (it's based on
openismus-work-3.8 branch as it was easier for me to test it - I cannot build master version for my target
platform due to not met dependencies - but there shouldn't be much difference for master).
I've added couple of additional functions to EBookSqlite, because I cannot retrieve old contacts from plugin
using public functions from EBookSqlite, because they are using internal lock, which is already taken by
function which is calling plugin hook, so basically I added non locking versions of this functions and made
them internal (making them public make be dangerous), so old contacts need to be retrieved inside EBookSqlite
before calling plugin hook.

What do you think about this proposal ?

Bye, Mateusz
Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052