Re: [Evolution-hackers] Developing a new protected message complement

Title: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Developing a new protected message complement

Thanks for your quick response.

Actually, we're analyzing the possibility of going to a more updated
version of EVO (we have it on canaima 4.0 based on debian 7.0 and Gnome
3.4.2), but
we've had trouble compiling a newer version..... Do you know where we
can get a compiled version that works?

However, to try to clarify a bit, what we mean by "protected Email" is
that when
reply/forward (inline mode) a "protected message" we're allow to write
our response
but we should not be able to modify the text of none of the old
messages.
Additionally, although not commented before, the message should also
include custom field in the header that consolidates date, from, to, of
all
old messages in an orderly manner.

We hope have explained a little better ;-)..... Any idea/help to
implement it?

Thanks a lot

El sáb, 29-03-2014 a las 15:03 -0400, Matthew Barnes escribió:
> "Notificación Automática:
> Este mensaje ha sido recibido desde la Internet, no se garantiza la autenticidad del remitente. "
>
> On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 09:42 -0430, BECERRA Silvana M SIDOR wrote:
> > We are in the process of replacing Outlook with Evolution 3.4.4., and
> > we require to add a functionality to Evo mail subsystem, for this
> > purpose we're considering develop a Evolution EExtension/complement to
> > write protected mail messages.
>
> It's hard to answer without knowing more details about what you mean by
> "protected" messages.  Evolution already supports digital signatures and
> encryption using either the OpenPGP or Secure MIME standards, which is
> sufficient for most use cases.
>
> Most likely you'll need to extend the Camel library, not Evolution
> directly.  Evolution relies on Camel for most low-level mail operations.
>
> If you're looking to add a new type of cryptographic security, then the
> CamelCipherContext base class might be a good starting point.
>
> https://developer.gnome.org/camel/stable/CamelCipherContext.html
>
> Although the 3.4 release series is long since unsupported, I'm sure we
> can work with you to add 3rd party extensibility where it's lacking in
> the current supported release series.
>
> Matthew Barnes

" Notificación Automática:
Este mensaje y cualquier archivo que se adjunte contiene información privilegiada y confidencial. Es para uso exclusivo del destinatario. Si usted ha recibido esta comunicación por error, por favor avísenos inmediatamente.
Automatic notification:
This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this e-mail by mistake , please advise the sender immediately"