Re: [Evolution-hackers] Reconsidering our release cycle

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 07:38 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:

* I think our policy toward stable branch maintenance could be a little
  more relaxed during the first half of a release cycle in terms of what
  we allow in.  I don't know what that means exactly for us yet, but I
  have observed RHEL updates do sometimes include new features.  Maybe
  enterprise policies could be a rough guide until we find our footing.

Well, you lot haven't *actually* shouted at me very much for some of the
stuff I've added in stable branches. I get more pushback from the
translators if I have to add new strings, than I did for the whole of
the mspack and GAL rework which landed in 3.8 for example.

I'm happy enough with that :)

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation