[Evolution-hackers] Redundant type casts in the evolution* code

	Hi,
I noticed some time ago that the code is "full" of redundant type casts,
but I do not understand what it is good for. If there is used a function
with correct prototype, then why to cast it? I see one disadvantage of
these redundant casts, if API will change for whatever reason, then we
will not notice it, which, without the cast, one will notice easily
during compile time (supposing one actually reads the output and checks
for compiler warnings).

In case you are not sure what I'm talking about, then check for example
this [1].

Opinions? I'd say to clean up the code from these, unless there is a
really good reason to use them.
	Bye,
	Milan

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/mail/e-mail-backend.c?id=918c24dd#n655