Re: [Evolution-hackers] Move backup/restore to evolution-source-registry?

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 09:42 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> When initiating a backup or restore, the registry module could first
> unexport all data sources, which would effectively shut down all the
> backends since they'll see it as a "source-removed" signal.

	Hi,
I'm afraid the above would cause a headache to many 3rd party
projects/users of eds, for example when you see all your events in the
clock applet or alarm notify just disappear. Maybe the users know it
comes from eds, maybe not.

The EBookBackend has e_book_backend_sync(), which is not used anywhere,
but I understood it as a command to be done before backup, to flush any
pending data to disk. Thus I'd rather involve this, than artificially
claim all sources are gone and cause a noise in UI and background.

Otherwise sounds OK.
	Bye,
	Milan