[Evolution-hackers] ESourceExtension and backends... "claimed" generic property ?

Hi... again.

While we are on the topic of brainstorming ideas with ESourceExtension,
I'd like to bring up a topic that is orthogonal to the previous issue
raised.

In a nutshell, ESourceExtension is a one-way street for client code to
configure a backend.

While it's a really nice extendible way to define backend behaviours and
allows us to accomplish incrementally much without modifying existing
APIs; there is still no way to tell for sure if your configurations are
actually being used.

Would it make sense to include some property on the base
ESourceExtension class ?

For instance, an api such as 'e_source_extension_claim()' could
be introduced and called by the consumer of the given extensions.

I.e. the file addressbook backend would "claim" the
ESourceBackendSummarySetup extension... clients (those clients
which actually created the backend), would then be able
to read this "claimed" property back after creating the addressbook.

Cheers,
          -Tristan