Re: [Evolution-hackers] Drop or limit ChangeLog files in tarball releases?

On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 17:48 +0100, Michael Hasselmann wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-11-22 at 11:45 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> > Also, just for the record, the script snippet I'm using to generate the
> > ChangeLog file comes from https://live.gnome.org/Git/ChangeLog.
>
> So ChangeLog already gets auto-generated from git log on make dist, for
> each release. Why would there then be a need to get rid of it? What's
> the benefit? If it's only about tarball size, I'd say that's not
> sufficient enough as an argument.

	Hi,
one was size, the other its unusefulness, because it's git-log generated
text, pretty hard to read - at least for me. I understand that it was
fine in times when ChangeLog was fully controlled by humans, but these
days is only NEWS file done that way.

I opened this thread just to know opinion from others. As I said, the
ChangeLog is just waste of resources from my point of view. It seems you
are the only one against it. I'll wait for a week or two, to give people
time for a response, and if there will be no strong opinion against it,
then I'll replace ChangeLog files with the text Paul mentioned in this
thread.
	Bye,
	Milan