[Evolution-hackers] Drop or limit ChangeLog files in tarball releases?

	Hi,
I'm wondering about usability of git-generated ChangeLog files in
tarball releases. It's a machine generated code, which is, at least for
me, hard to read. I use to check its condensed version, the NEWS file,
when searching for something, thus I'm wondering whether the ChangeLog
file is of any use to anyone these days.

Current evolution-3.6.2 contains almost 3.5MB ChangeLog file with
changes down to year 2010. I tried to drop it and the resulting tarball
was smaller by almost 400KB. I know it's not that many after all, the xz
does a good job on compression, still considering its usability I would
either drop it or limit what to include. With limit, I mean adding there
only changes for that particular release, like for 3.8.x only everything
since the gnome-3-6 was branched, thus it'll include changes being done
in 3.7.1+.

Any thoughts and/or opinions?
	Bye,
	Milan