[Evolution-hackers] Retiring evolution-exchange

The release of Evolution-ActiveSync brings the number of Evolution Data
Server backend modules for Microsoft Exchange up to four.

Even if we had the manpower to adequately maintain all these, which we
don't, four different backends for one product is getting ridiculous.

Therefore I think it's time to retire Evolution-Exchange.  That module
has seen steadily decreasing maintenance for several years, the newest
version of Exchange it supports is now a decade old, and frankly it was
never all that reliable anyway.

As with any Free Software project, retiring Evolution-Exchange simply
means we will cease issuing new tarballs.  3.4.x will be its last stable
release series.  Any interested party is of course welcome to resurrect
the project and issue new releases.

If we have consensus on this I will announce it.  At this time I have no
plans to adapt the module to the upcoming API changes.

Matthew Barnes