Re: [Evolution-hackers] Subclassable and extendable IMAPX

Hi again,

Am Mittwoch 23 Mai 2012, um 18:05:29 schrieb Christian Hilberg:
> Passing in the user payload data showed to be specifically tricky.

As dwmw2 just pointed out on IRC, it really isn't.
The data structures which the derivative untagged handlers
need to access can/should best be bound to the derivative
CamelIMAPXServer. In fact, that is exactly the way it works
in my 2.30 approach, only the data structures were not bound
to a derivative, but to the original CamelIMAPXServer. Binding
to the subclass would be the only change needed here.

> Binding the user data to a given CamelIMAPXJob
> is also not an option, since it has already been pointed out that
> matching the currently active job inside an untagged handler is
> problematic (see [0] and [1]).

Received correction on IRC. Let that be "should be avoided, if possible",
instead of "is not an option".
Moreover, as pointed out above, at least for my case, it is not even
needed.

One issue solved. :)

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48