Re: [Evolution-hackers] Did 3.4 just get really slow?

On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 10:49 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 11:25 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Le vendredi 18 mai 2012 à 23:43 +0100, David Woodhouse a écrit :
> > > I just updated to Fedora 17 and Evolution 3.4.
> > > It seems to have just noticed that I archived a quarter's mail, and is
> > > deleting the old messages from its cache... taking about 40 seconds to
> > > delete each 1,000 messages. This is a *lot* slower than it used to be...
> > > isn't it?
> > > This is imapx with qresync, and I'm watching the 'vanished: xxxxxx'
> > > messages count past because I killed it and restarted with
> > > CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx so I could see wtf it was doing.
> > I'm using Debian, and found Evo getting slower and slower (I've got
> > something like 44K messages in my inbox).
> > Now I just removed Tracker from my system, and it's snappy again.
> > Happy me.
> What is tracker by the way?  The thing keeps crashing on my system?

It is a [excellent] desktop-search implementation.

There is a load incurred [obviously] during the initial indexing but
this goes away once the index is up to date.  Once the index is up to
date there is almost no way it noticeably effects performance unless
something else it wrong.